Saturday, February 4, 2017

Do You Really Love Your Car

Valentine’s Day. Filled with kisses, chocolates, and enough flowers to build your own Float – this is also the perfect day to proclaim your love for someone to the world…..

Yes, poems are a staple of the holiday, ranging from “lift-me-off-my-feet-with-your-way-of-words” to “do-they-give-participation-awards-for-these?”


While that secret crush of yours might be a bit daunting, proclaim your love to the one that constantly keeps you safe, secure, and stylish: your car? Here is my letter to the car I just bought:

Dear Car,
We just got together today and, well, I think it's a good time to let you in on something.
You see, when I hit your gas pedal and hear your engine roar defiantly, I get the biggest smile.
Flipping through radio stations, letting the bass notes of your premium audio system fill my ears…I gotta say, it creates this tingling in my chest. That tingling has been hidden away until I got you!
I was never one to believe in ‘love at first sight’ until I laid my eyes on you.
You were sitting perched in between your brothers and sisters on the lot. There was something about your shine, about the gleaming sun bouncing off your sleek grille that made my jaw drop and my mind think “that’s the one.”
Can’t you see what I’m trying to tell you?
I love you. I really love you.
I love the way you keep me wrapped in your arms with your intricate safety technologies. I love when we go on a drive. I love how you keep me warm and cozy on even the coldest mornings.
These things might not seem like a big deal to you, but to me, they matter. You mean the world to me my sweet, sweet car.
This probably seems silly but, I’m glad we met and I honestly can’t get by without you.
Here’s to another wonderful year of memories on the road!
Whatever you drive, your car loves you. This month, show some back!
Do you want to express the love you feel for your car? Shout it out to the world in the comments section below.

3 comments: